About the Friends
Friends of Te Papa, formerly Friends of the National Art Gallery, was founded to encourage involvement with the gallery and support the acquisition of new works for the collection. For more than 15 years, our valued Friends of Te Papa members have supported Te Papa by contributing to Te Papa’s collections through the purchase of artworks, taonga, and other collection items, by regularly visiting Te Papa to view exhibitions and attending a wide range of programmes.
We invite you to support this special institution that contributes so much to our community by becoming a Friend of Te Papa. Be part of this vibrant community, meet new people and enjoy the special programming, many events and benefits that form part of your membership.
Friends of Te Papa membership benefits
- Receive invitations to our exclusive programme including previews and private exhibition viewings
- Attend our lectures, workshops, tours and other special events
- Enjoy discounts in Te Papa’s cafés
- Purchase at the Te Papa Store and Te Papa Kid’s Store with a 15% discount
- Browse our newsletter Open Eyes with the latest news from Te Papa and articles about exhibitions and the Friends’ Programme
- Enjoy parking privileges
- Receive discounted entry to all exhibitions at Te Papa
- Learn more about our cultural heritage
- Support our Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
Click here to join up, or buy a gift membership.
Te Papa would like to hear from you!
You are a valued member of the Friends of Te Papa and your opinion is important. We are pleased to announce the launch of a new initiative that will keep you involved and in touch with what is happening.
You can communicate directly with Te Papa Management by using a dedicated ‘mail box‘ for members – email@example.com. Your feedback on exhibitions and other public programmes are welcome and any questions you might have about Te Papa as an organisation are also invited. This is for you!