Join the Friends
Belonging to the Friends gives you opportunities to attend exhibition previews, private viewings of exhibitions and collections and great discounts at paid exhibitions and the Te Papa shops. As a Friend you can bring non-members to any event or tell other people of upcoming events they may enjoy.
Check the details below, then fill in the online form, and when payment is complete you will receive an email acknowledgement allowing you to enjoy all the privileges of membership.
(If you are can existing member, you can quickly renew your membership by going here)
We invite you to support this special institution that contributes so much to our community by becoming a Friend of Te Papa. Be part of this vibrant community, meet new people and enjoy the special programming, many events and benefits that form part of your membership.
Friends of Te Papa membership benefits
- Receive invitations to our exclusive programme including previews and private exhibition viewings
- Attend our lectures, workshops, tours and other special events
- Enjoy discounts in Te Papa’s cafés
- Purchase at the Te Papa Store and Te Papa Kid’s Store with a 15% discount
- Browse our newsletter Open Eyes with the latest news from Te Papa and articles about exhibitions and the Friends’ Programme
- Enjoy parking privileges
- Receive discounted entry to all exhibitions at Te Papa
- Learn more about our cultural heritage
- Support our Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
|Membership category||Wellington region||Outside of Wellington|
|Family (2 adults/children under 15 years at the same address)||$65.00/year||$55.00/year|
|Dual (2 adults at the same address)||$60.00/year||$50.00/year|
|Student (with current ID card)||$30.00/year||$20.00/year|
These subscription rates are prorated (reduced) if you join after the beginning of the membership year, and if you join any time from December to March, your subscription will be valid until the end of the following March. To see the actual rates, rates click on the form.
We define Wellington Region as anywhere with in the (04) telephone calling area
The five year option gives you five years membership for the price of four.
Terms & Conditions of Membership.
- Membership is by annual subscription. All prices quoted on the website and on application forms are in NZ dollars.
- The subscription year runs from 1 April to 31 March. When you join anytime in March, membership will continue until the end of March the following year.
- There is no refund for a cancelled membership.
- Membership cards will be posted to you within 5 working days.
- When you join or renew online, you will receive an email acknowledgement by return that immediately allows you to enjoy the privileges of membership.