Terms & Conditions
Membership of the Friends of Te Papa allows you to play an active part in supporting Te Papa, and participating in special events. There is more about this on our About the Friends page here.
- Membership is by annual subscription. All prices quoted on the website and on application forms are in NZ dollars.
- The subscription year runs from 1 April to 31 March, but there are pro-rata terms available that are on the booking form. For example, subscriptions from December each year give membership free up to the 1 April start date.
- There is no refund for a cancelled membership.
- When you join or renew online, you will receive an email acknowledgement after payment is confirmed, that immediately allows you to enjoy the privileges of membership. Membership cards will be posted to you within 5 working days.
- The Friends run a programme of events which are posted in the website Programme section. The details of any event will show the following information:
- Whether the event is available for Friends members only, or open to all.
- Whether the event is bookable
- Whether it is free or chargeable, and if chargeable, the costs for members and for non-members.
- Payment for chargeable events can be made by booking on the website, or in some cases at the event. Bookings are processed in the order they are made and will be confirmed by email.
- There are no additional booking charges or surcharges for credit card payments charged.
- Cancellations: We reserve the right to cancel any event at our discretion and will refund bookings made in full. In the event that you wish to cancel a booking, we will refund bookings at our discretion, but will generally refund any booking in full provided the cancellation is made at least 5 working days before the event, unless there are special cancellation provisions published for the event.
Special conditions for the Historic Tour to Gisborne in April 2021
The Friends of Te Papa reserves the right to make changes in the proposed programme if necessary.
The Friends also reserves the right to postpone or cancel the tour due to unforeseen circumstances. Any payments made will be refunded in full.
Cancellation fees will apply as follows:
After deposit until 04 February $50.00 per person
05 February until 06 March $100.00 per person
07 March until 29 March $150.00 per person
After 29 March 2021 no refund