- This event has passed.
Friends Takeover Night 2021
Up Late at Our Place
Thursday 8 July, 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
A night where Friends of Te Papa get the whole museum to themselves. Go behind-the-scenes, hear from our experts, listen to live music, shop, eat and drink, and experience the museum like no-one else.
If you’re not a member and want to attend sign up to be a Friend of Te Papa today.
All areas of the museum will be open for you to explore including:
- Te Taiao | Nature
- Toi Art
- Ko Rongowhakaata: The Story of Light and Shadow
- Gallipoli: The Scale of Our War
- Espresso café – grab some nibbles and drinks at a special discount
- The stores – open for you to use your Friends discount
- and the mezzanine library – usually only open by appointment
- A series of short talks – free to attend (no bookings required)
- A selection of Behind the Scenes specials – click here to book (limited spaces available)
This evening is free and exclusive for Friends members.
Please RSVP below and bring your membership number on arrival.
The evening is free for Friends members and you can bring along non-members for $25 – they will need to provide your membership number and need to RSVP.
Arrive whenever you like from 6.30pm and enjoy a welcome drink on arrival in the Wellington Foyer, a formal welcome will take place at 6.45pm.
Not a member?
If you’re not a member and want to attend, please join Friends of Te Papa.
The individual membership price is $40 (non-Wellington based) or $50 (Wellington based) per year.
We’d love you to join and support Our Place.
You’ll receive a free welcome drink on arrival, there’ll be live music throughout the evening and you’ll have the chance to contribute to the future of the museum.
Members - Free entry (or bring a guest at $25). Includes a welcome drink, talks and discounts on food & drink