2020 Gisborne Tour -Summary & Terms
Thursday 29 October
- Coach pick up at Gisborne airport
- Visit to Pultron Composites
- Emerald Hotel, three nights’ accommodation and breakfasts
- Bushmere Arms, pre-dinner drink and welcome dinner
- Talk by Dame Anne Salmond
Friday 30 October
- Visit Toihoukura, School of Maori Visual Art and Design
- Paul Nache Gallery visit
- Tairāwhiti Museum and C Company Gallery, back of house visits, curator talks
- Jack Richards house, gallery and garden
- Visit Kaiti Hill and First Landings commemorative monuments
- Private dinner at Marina Restaurant, with glass of wine
Saturday 31 October
- Return transport hotel – Manutuke – Eastwoodhill -Te Karaka – hotel
- Private visit to Rongowhakaatua Marae
- Private visit to Manutuke Marae and Toko Toru Tapu Church
- Morning tea at Manutuke
- Eastwoodhill Arboretum, lunch, curator talk, tour
- Private house and garden visit, and afternoon tea, home of Dame Bronwen and Peter Holdsworth, Te Karaka
Sunday 1 November
- Transport hotel – Nicks Head Station – airport
- Nicks Head Station, day long visit
- Talk by Nicks Head Station Manager
- Private visit to view farm
- Picnic lunch
- Visit to Nicks Head Station wetland restoration project
- Coach travel to Gisborne airport
Payment and terms
The total cost of the tour is $850 per person.
The tour is inclusive of all costs including local coach travel.
The coach will leave promptly from Gisborne Airport on Thursday 29 October, following the arrival at 10.10 am of the morning plane from Wellington.
As road travel times between Wellington and Whanganui can vary considerably, especially at weekends, allowance should be made for this for the return on Sunday.
Tour Conditions and Payments
Given the level of interest for this tour, a $300 deposit per person is required by Tuesday 16 December 2019 to confirm your place on the tour.
Final payment will be invoiced and required by 28 August 2020.
The tour fee does not include
- Travel Insurance
- Travel to Gisborne
- Personal effects insurance
- Lunches on Thursday and Friday
- Dinner on Saturday night
Terms and Conditions
The Friends of Te Papa reserves the right to make changes in the proposed itinerary if and where necessary.
The Friends also reserves the right to postpone or cancel the tour due to unforeseen circumstances. Any payments made will be refunded in full.
Cancellation fees will apply as follows:
After payment of deposit until 24 January 2020 $50 per person
From 24 January until 28 February $100 per person
From 28 February until 29 May 2020 $150 per person
From 29 May to 30 September 50% refund
After 1 October 2020 No refund