2019 Historic Whanganui Tour -Summary & Terms
Thursday 28 February
- Coach travel to Whanganui
- Woolshed Cafe, Sanson, buffet lunch
- Ratana, visit of church and museum
- Collegiate Motor Inn, three nights’ accommodation and breakfast
- Illustrated talk by architect, Bruce Dickson
- Collegiate School Chapel, visit with Bruce Dickson
- Collegiate Motor Inn, pre-dinner drink and welcome dinner
Friday 1 March
- Return transport hotel – town – hotel
- Whanganui Museum, curator talk on redevelopment, introduction to new exhibition spaces
- Whanganui War Memorial Centre
- NZ Glassworks, talk, glass-making demonstration, gallery
- Sarjeant on the Quay, talk on redevelopment with director and head trustee, back-of-house collection store visits and exhibition tours with curatorial staff
- Nicola Williams’ cottage, art collection, glass of wine and nibbles
- Private dinner at Parnells, drinks at own expense
Saturday 2 March
- Return transport hotel – town – Putiki – town – hotel
- AE Kitchen Building, talk and tour
- St Paul’s Memorial Church Putiki, talk, tour and afternoon tea
- Royal Wanganui Opera House, tour, drink and canapés
Sunday 3 March
- Transport hotel – Taupo Quay
- Waimarie Museum, visit
- Paddle Steamer Waimarie, two-hour river cruise, with private buffet lunch
- Return coach travel to Wellington
Payment and terms
The total cost of the tour is $690 per person.
The tour is inclusive of all costs including local and intercity coach travel.
The coach will leave promptly from Te Papa at 9.00 am. Pick-ups from Wellington Railway Station may be arranged on request.
As road travel times between Wellington and Whanganui can vary considerably, especially at weekends, allowance should be made for this for the return on Sunday.
Tour conditions and Payments
Given the level of interest for this tour, a $300 deposit per person is required by Wednesday 28 November 2018 to confirm your place on the tour.
Final payment will be invoiced and required by Thursday 24 January.
The tour fee does not include
- Travel Insurance
- Personal effects insurance
- Lunches on Friday and Saturday
Terms and Conditions
The Friends of Te Papa reserves the right to make changes in the proposed itinerary if and where necessary.
The Friends also reserves the right to postpone or cancel the tour due to unforeseen circumstances. Any payments made will be refunded in full.
Cancellation fees will apply as follows:
After payment of deposit until 14 December 2018 $50 per person
From 14 December 2018 until 31 January 2019 $100 per person
From 31 January until 7 February 2019 $150 per person
After 7 February 2019 No refund