- This event has passed.
Ancient Egypt tour launch
Wednesday 18 April 2018, 5:30 pm - 7pm
Does a special tour to Egypt, exclusive for Friends of Te Papa sound interesting?
September is a great time to travel in Egypt, avoiding the heat of midsummer and the crowds that arrive in December and January.
You will be travelling with a small group of other Friends, enjoying privileged access to historic sites, accompanied by a New Zealand tour guide with impeccable credentials and a deep knowledge of the country.
Come and meet our guests Robyn Galloway, Managing Director of Innovative Travel and tour host Rene Wilson, New Zealand’s first resident Ambassador to Egypt, who will share some of the highlights of this special journey of discovery through Ancient Egypt.
This twelve day tour, ex Cairo, is taking place in September 2019.
Find out more about …
- Access into a tomb such as Marsa Ankh, which is the largest tomb at the Pyramids area.
- A visit to a part of the new Grand Egyptian Museum, currently under construction by the Pyramids
- A special visit to the Mereruka excavation conducted by Professor Naguib Kanawati of Macquarie University
- A special visit to the Horemheb and Maya tombs
- A lecture by a notable Egyptologist on site at the Pyramids area
- A visit to the recently restored house of Howard Carter on the West Bank in Luxor
- A visit to a restricted entry tomb on the West Bank
- A deluxe Nile Cruise
- Staying at Egypt’s most historic and iconic hotels
- An optional pre-tour visit to Alexandria and El Alamein
- Plus much more …
Members only, free to attend, RSVP essential. Welcome drink courtesy of Innovative Travel.